Monday, July 23, 2007

Clint and a reference to the analog manifesto





<----- Meet Clint.





Lisa calls me up after a few days after she’s been gone. Imagine the slowly growing intensity of every sigur ros playing in the cool evening of sanity sitting in the back yard, by the man created body of water. The sky is spotted in clouds, and tries imitating the Tucson sun. The machine is glued to my ear as she describes a project for me. All I know is that a friend of hers created a feature, has no money and wants a sound design… and Lisa has no time and I work for no money. An emphasis is put on the art film aspect, that the piece is build for festivals only. Alright, I say, because I am quite curious.

Three days later, I’ve watched the video (note: the analog manifesto states that a movie shot in video should be referred to as a video, not a film) enough to recite the piece. But I’ve also spent hours building an organized list of dialog that has to be double-checked, and began the even more tedious list of sound effects. Each time it makes me cry, as I begin to comprehend how the protagonist sees his end. And even though the video is the director’s first, and is reflection of anyone's first, I still cry as much as I did while watching Move Me. I am not necessarily moved, just sitting there wide eyed as my heart is ripped out while Clint awakes into reality. Perhaps it is the concept or that Clint lying on the ground like that reminds me of a man I dated once. I’m not sure if one outweighs the other because I'm completely engaged in the story. All the while, the video each time through gets better and better and I fumble my way through the layers of action through dialog. That, and I like the name Clint.







So, this week brings the International Comic Convention in San Diego… and I wonder if I’ll be able to go with the ton of work that will need to be done for the feature video. It’s one of those things that I have no idea about until a few hours before… which is like most everything I’m doing here.

A world of organized chaos… when I graduate, my world will not be the chaos this one is. And my world may not even be this one, as I still want to be a Wild Thornberry… which should really be a Wild Huckelberry (cause I really am one!).

Anyway, I’ll let you all know the word on the ICC and the feature video.

2 comments:

Hank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hank said...

oh you just have another crush.