Monday, July 2, 2007

mon - fri +sat = another sonday morning.

10am - wake up, shower.
be at work by 11am
work till noon-ish.
noon-1pm drive, pick up mass amounts of food, bring it back
1 - 2pm eat, chat, laugh a lot
2 - 6pm work more.
6 - 6:30 talk with Lisa
6:30 make a phone call, drive home
6:45 drink some chocolate milk (yes, it takes me less than 15 min to drive home)
7:30 dinner at home
8:30 want to take a nap...
9:45 to the store for a piece of fruit and a coke
10pm - 2am work at Lisa's
2am - pretend to look tired, go home ( a 3 min drive)
2:45 - finally turn off the light.

It's off the wall but I like it... weekends are even more interesting.
Plus, I live one mile from Lisa's and 3 miles from the video game place... with a Swan-like drive.

What is even better is that I finally got to sit down at a large protools rig this weekend and fumble my way through the creation and checking of cue sheets for music in an anime show playing on Cartoon Network. The show generally has a ton of music, anywhere between 16 long cues and 22 average cues... which I guess is about 80% of the show. Ratatouille has 89 minutes of music for a 110 minute movie (80%) which is a ton as well... what is with this wall to wall application of music to an animated moving image? I tell you, my animation will have very little music and mostly a design. Mostly. Maybe blend the two, creating a grey between what is design and what is music... John Cage style... but a little bit more concrete... but you won't be able to identify a particular sound as one or the other. A beautiful balance that will make your earballs want more!

PS - I had a crazy dream and Music Video Paul was in it... and then woke up to his music stuck in my head for two days.

AND... I'm on a mission to find the tunnel in the most awesome movie ever (and the second most awesome)!

3 comments:

Hank said...

I didn't realize you do most of your work at night. Why is that?

Jorge Luis Urbina said...

The Tunnel you seek is in Griffith Park. Try to start south of the tunnel and then head north to travel the same way young biff did in the movie. Good luck.

Jorge

Randall French said...

That sounds like a pretty awesome schedule!
Last week I was at work, and a little group of us interns started chit chatting for less than 2 minutes when one of the rather cranky ladies came by and said "Alright guys enough chit chat, time to get back to work." We all had been working for at least 5 hours with NO BREAK and we couldn't chit chat (while working) for 2 minutes!